SAT Anxiety? Here are some tips.

Being mentally - and physically - prepared the first steps to achieving the college of your dreams.

Johvan Merilus, Reporter

SAT testing is coming soon and it is a big opportunity for juniors and seniors to show they’re ready to take on collegiate learning. The test is considered as a bench mark for anyone planning to attend a four-year university after high school. Testing season will begin in earnest the week after Spring Break this year on March 25.

Teachers are preparing students in various ways to improve scores from past attempts at the test. English teachers, such as Ms. Grendell, are making students revise their most recent essay for the SAT and going through the rubric to have a better understanding of why or how to get the score they require for the college of their dreams. For the math teachers, it’s a rigorous review of certain problems requiring equations or a two-to-four step solution.

For seniors still anxious about their date with the SAT, here are a few tips to physically, and mentally, prepare for the upcoming assessment.

1. Go to bed at a reasonable good time to where you can get enough rest for the big day.
  2. Eat a hearty and balanced breakfast to have all the nutrients and energy as possible to better function on the day of the test. (No sugar. You don’t want to crash in the middle of your essay.)
  3. Study every day for at least an hour or more to better refresh the material in your head. Flash cards are always a big help when learning vocabulary.
  4. No matter how you feel walking into the room, take the test with full confidence and pace yourself to where you full understanding and place yourself in the best position.

Follow these steps and your path to higher learning awaits. Good luck.