The Point

Concert enthralls PHS Students, helps Music department

High School Nation provides fun - and $15,000 for new recording studio

Back to Article
Back to Article

PHS Students enjoy the ball pit provided by High School Nation on Wednesday. The organization donated $15,000 to PHS which will be used to build a recording studio.

Angelique Cuadrado, Reporter

Sometimes the best moments are the ones that are unexpected. Thanks to High School Nation, Poinciana High School students got to experience that last Wednesday.

The PHS students and staff were treated to an impromptu concert put on by High School Nation, an organization dedicated to helping public schools advance in music art and sports. The concert happened because due to a last-minute cancellation at another school in the Orlando area. The turnaround for the concert was only two days and was a welcome surprise in the middle of the school week.

Along with having a makeshift carnival in the middle of the football field, the concert offered opportunities to raise money for the PHS Fine Arts department. Having this concert had so many benefits. HSN had stands giving out information about various things such as drug prevention, video games, screen printing ideas, and so much more. They also gave out free things to the students.

The school also received a $15,000 dollars grant toward building a recording studio.

“The recording studio is going to be installed in one of the spare practice rooms here in the band room,” said music teacher Stephen Morsher. “The studio will be used for the production of new music and professional-level recordings of singers and instrumentalists. The studio will primarily be used for the students that are involved in fine arts… they will be “first priority.”