The Point

Drake strikes back on ‘Scorpion’

Leida Pereira, Columnist

Today’s music has shaped society by the words and language they use to paint a picture of what the music is actually about. Drake’s newest album, “Scorpion,” is no exception.

Drake’s new album is vastly different from his old albums. He’s toned down the cursing, making the songs a little more PG-13, similar to his last album “More Life”. It seems to be a trend as Drake keeps adapting his style and lyrics with every new album.

For instance, his hit album, “If Your Reading this it’s Too Late” has a lot more profanity then most of his songs. Now it seems Drake is trying to reach a different audience and trying to tell a different story.

Drake’s first single from “Scorpion” is “In My Feelings.” Despite the lack of profanity, it still debuted at number six on the Billboard 100. Drake is becoming so mainstream, adults and teenagers – even animals – made a challenge to “In My Feelings”.

People would either step out of a moving vehicle and dance to Drake’s hit song while being recorded or they could just dance to the song. Of course, people chose the more dangerous one and stepped out of the vehicle and danced to it. More than 1,000 have performed and posted it and hash-tagged #inmyfeelingschallenge. Drake’s getting more and more famous each day because of how his music is changing and how he is doing his music now.

In conclusion, Drake’s new album is going off the charts his new album is definitely more different than his old ones and who knows what he comes up with next and he should keep doing what he is doing.