The Point

Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

The winner will be featured prominently in the yearbook.

Staff Reports

The 2018 Poinciana yearbook is seeking out Mister & Miss Poinciana. This is highest honor the yearbook bestows.

Who do you feel deserves this prestigious honor?

Thanks in advance for your help in seeking out the best of the best at Poinciana. The ballots can be found below.

All nominees have met the following criteria:

G.P.A – Nominated seniors must have a 3.0 grade point average or “B” in all classes.

BEHAVIOR – Nominated seniors must have no minor or major infractions and be in good standing with all teachers.

EXTRA CURRICULAR – Nominated seniors must be involved in at least one school activity or club, i.e. sports, band, theater.

ATTENDANCE – Nominated seniors must have close to perfect attendance, with no more than eight absences.

SCHOOL SPIRIT – Nominated seniors must exemplify the five pillars  – respect, loyalty, tolerance, responsibility and courage – and generally be considered a positive representative for Poinciana.

Voting for Mister and Miss Poinciana has ended. 

13 Comments

13 Responses to “Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana”

1. Beverly on February 25th, 2018 10:53 AM

Maiah is compassionate,honest dedicated determine loyal sincere
    She is a access to society and brings the best out of people and see the best in people.She wants to make a positive difference in this world.She is kind thoughtful and always helpful.She Cares

2. Jordan on February 25th, 2018 11:02 AM

She the best person for the job.she a good person

3. Pamela on February 25th, 2018 11:48 AM

She’s the best!

4. Maiah on February 25th, 2018 8:02 PM

Thank you everyone!!

5. Emane on February 25th, 2018 2:47 PM

A vote for Maia is a vote you won’t regret! Maia works incredibly hard for everything she does, she has an above 4.0 GPA, member of SGA for 2 consecutive years( she currently holds Presidency of the student body). She volunteers, and continuously works to maintain new goals and help those around her! I am so incredibly proud to know Maia, and her determination and hard work is truly admirable ! Please vote Maia, she deserves it 🙂

6. Maia on February 26th, 2018 3:13 PM

Thank you! 💗

7. Paige on February 25th, 2018 2:47 PM

From meeting Maiah a long time ago, she’s always been a good, positive and caring friend also intelligent, even as we don’t go to same school and so on, I know that she is still like that to this day,and there is more good things about her, she’s a good person overall, which is why she should be the Miss Poinciana

8. Mikah on February 25th, 2018 4:44 PM

Maia Neves is truly one of the most inspiring and wonderful person I have ever met in my life. She fills a room with her relatable sense of humor, has always been an amazing student, is an AP SCHOLAR, beautiful, AND A GREAT FRIEND. I don’t see any reason why she doesn’t deserve the honor of being Poinciana’s own Miss Poinciana. Anybody else would be nothing short of a snub as compared to Maia. That is all.

9. Ana on February 25th, 2018 6:57 PM

Maia Neves truly deserves to be Miss PHS , she has a 4.4 GPA, has been always a dedicated student that strives to succeed in all she set her mind too. She’s involved in numerous clubs and is the president of the Student Body. She does plenty of community services , loves to volunteer as often as possible. She’s a super friendly and loving person to all those around her, she loves her school and tries her best to always cheer everyone and to inspire others to do well.
    Mais is a star ⭐️

10. Judy Reed on February 25th, 2018 10:24 PM

Maia is truly one of the sweetest, kindest and all around most wonderful young women that I have ever known. She is not only incredibly smart, caring and reliable, but her personality just shines like the star that she is. I know that she has a big, bright future ahead of her.

11. Diana vanegas on February 26th, 2018 12:08 PM

Beautiful girl

12. Matt on February 27th, 2018 2:00 PM

Vote for Vincent aka vinny he’s one the best guys I know all around great dude. Very loyal to family friends always willing to help someone in need. So Vote for Vincent you won’t regret it….

13. Sandra on February 27th, 2018 5:23 PM

Maia, is someone who is always kind loving always, ready to make you smile. She always thinks of others first. Never asking for recognition or praise. She is just born that way. Takes pride in all that she does school, friends anyone she meets. Always there for anyone or any challenges that comes her way. ( I’ll tell you a secret about her ready… she is just like her godmother)
    If you haven’t meet her take the time you won’t regret it. If you can’t meet her then just vote for her the best vote you will ever do a vote that you will never forget😀

*

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

In Depth

My Story

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

Opinion

Teachers the key to quality education

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

Eagle Life

DECA Club is Money

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

Eagle Life

Concert enthralls PHS Students, helps Music department

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

Showcase

Valencia College Opens New Training Center

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

News

Tattooing for a Cause

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

Eagle Life

Having a desire for AVID

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

Eagle Life

Making Best Friends

• Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana

Eagle Life

Need Some Education? There’s an App for That

• News

The Meaning Behind Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Vote For Mister & Miss Poinciana